Romesco Sauce! Ready in 5 minutes and perfect for serving with grilled chicken, vegetables, crispy potatoes, eggs, and more. Made with roasted red peppers, plum tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, parsley.
Romesco Sauce! Roasted red peppers, plum tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and a squeeze of lemon juice? Put this on everything = food goals achieved.
Here’s the deal. This beautiful thing I’m showing you is called Romesco Sauce and it is in the business of saving the Summer Meal.
You know, the Summer Meal for the day when you’ve been outside all day or a lot of the day or, to be honest, none of the day (!!!!) which means that now it’s 6pm and you need to get outside ASAP because SUMMER IS AMAZING. It’s the day when the best possible meal would be one that could involve as little time as possible indoors.
In This Post: Everything You Need To Know About Romesco Sauce
Prefer To Watch Instead Of Read?
Related Terms –> Grills. Sunsets. Margs. Chicken. Brats. Veggies. Sangria. Decks. Potatoes. Burgers. Juicy Lucys (Minnesota represent). Friends. Music. Smores. Bonfires. Help I can’t stop drinking romesco sauce.
Ingredients In Romesco Sauce
- Roasted red bell peppers – you can make your own and we’ll all be proud of you! But it’s summer and the whole point here is to NOT spend a ton of time in the kitchen so the rest of us will be over here with our jarred roasted red peppers and we’ll be proud of ourselves, too.
- Plum tomatoes – canned is fine but HECK YES it’s summer and HECK YES there are tomatoes growing in your garden and HECK YES you can use them here. Bonus! Take your sauce to the next level and roast your tomatoes.
- Almonds – they make it more textured and thick and generally just satisfying and interesting, which is just how I like my food.
- Olive oil – we’re talking creamy-like emulsion here. DREAM COMING TRUE.
- Lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and salt – the makers of good tasting food.
How To Make Romesco Happen
Let’s get this happening up in your life right now. Big flavors ahead!
Do you have a blender? And do you have a small spatula to preserve every last lick? Awesome – then we are set. Let’s blend!
Plop these items in your blender or food processor. Give them a go-round a few times till everything gets nice and friendly with each other. ANNNNND GO.
And just like that, you made the ultimate sauce with which you can create hundreds of summer meals. YOU ROCK!
What To Serve with Romesco Sauce
Do we even need to talk about what this sauce could be paired with or is your mind already spinning with ideas? (Leave a comment I’m greedy for your ideas 👇 )
Most recently, I had this Romesco Sauce over chicken mozzarella meatballs (but for real) and crispy potatoes which basically makes the BEST combo for meal prep. In case you’re wondering, I made broccoli to go with it which conveniently got charred to a crisp and wasn’t able to join the party. Some things are just not meant to be, amiright?
Romesco sauce plus grilled chicken slash grilled ANYTHING with a shmear of this over top sounds amazing. Maybe even just this dip by itself? We’re here for it!
A lil’ romesco drizzle on top of cauliflower? Yep. Tossed with some pasta? Uh-huh. Over a poached egg?? BIG YES!
This is the lifesaver of the Summer Meal and I think you’re going to love it because around here we are lovers of all the sauces. Cheers to you and your Romesco Sauce adventures. Go forth and be saucy!
Romesco Sauce: Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you could sub in sunflower or pumpkin seeds/pepitas. Some classic romesco sauces actually use a piece of crusty bread to thicken the sauce as well, so that’s an option as well if you’re not gluten-free!
Look at you, fancy! Yes, you can. A jar of roasted red peppers *should* be about two peppers, but feel free to weigh out 12 ounces after roasting.
Yep! Highly recommend those summer-fresh tomatoes though.
This will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Yes! If frozen, it will keep for about 6 months.
Romesco Sauce! Ready in 5 minutes and perfect for serving with grilled chicken, vegetables, crispy potatoes, eggs, and more. Made with roasted red peppers, plum tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, parsley. vegan / vegetarian.
- Pulse everything together in a blender until it’s texturally right for you (I like it right between chunky and smooth – I leave a little texture with the almonds, but it’s mostly a smooth emulsion).
- Serve hot or cold with grilled chicken and vegetables, crispy potatoes, eggs… the possibilities are endless.
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
You can used sliced almonds but since you’ll be able to pack more into a cup, use about 3/4 cup vs. the whole almonds where you would use a full cup. This is a very forgiving recipe. Add or subtract as you like, but the almonds do help thicken the whole thing so don’t omit those!
If you have a nut allergy, try sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds instead.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: romesco sauce, easy romesco sauce
More Roasted Red Pepper Recipes
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our Sauces That Make Everything Better roundup. Check it out!