This gooey golden marshmallow melted chocolate butter graham goodness?
This is where we’re headed today.
And this is one boat you don’t want to miss.
Although I don’t know if you could even call this a boat. This is more like P. Diddy’s yacht. Or a Carnival Cruise ship. Where there are “a million ways to have fun”.
Jump on, friends.
And welcome aboard. The graham bars crust is nutty, buttery, and wonderful. The melted chocolate is rich. The toasted marshmallows are pillowy vanilla bliss.
And the bikinis are being traded in for one piece suits and comfortable cover-ups.
Yep. Dig it out of the back of your closet. It’s just for today.
And now I’m off to grab one (the only one that’s left) for breakfast.
These sweet and easy graham bars are topped with melted chocolate and fluffy marshmallows – just like a smore! Awesome way to make smores ahead of time.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×9 inch glass baking pan. Use a food processor to pulse the rolled oats into a powder/flour. In a large bowl, whisk the flours, oat powder, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
- Cut in the butter and mix with your fingers until it resembles a coarse meal. (I used the food processor again for this – I just cut up the butter into small pieces and processed both the flour and butter pieces together for about 15 seconds.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Add this mix to the large bowl and bring together until just combined. Knead it together for a minute or so. It will be extremely sticky – add a little more flour to the batter, or coat your hands heavily with flour, or use a strong wooden spoon to avoid batter all over your fingers!
- Plop dough ball into baking pan and press until evenly distributed. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean (but middle should be somewhat sticky, not over-dry). I baked mine for about 15 minutes and they were underdone. However, when refrigerated for a few hours, they set up nicely, similar to a blondie.
- After refrigerating for a few hours, cut the graham bars and top each one with a few pieces of chocolate and one marshmallow. Broil (I used the “high broil” setting on my oven) for about 3 minutes, checking back frequently so you don’t burn the marshmallows. When just slightly golden brown, remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smores bars, summer dessert, marshmallow, chocolate, graham crackers
In the last few days, I have seen variations of these graham bars topped with anything from fruit to ice cream to chocolate to marshmallows to being served plain.
What would you use as a graham bar topper?