🎶 This could be-the-start! of something new! 🎶 We are superexcited to be working with Almond Breeze in 2016 for lots of yummy + delicious sponsored posts! This recipe features their Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend which is 👌🏼.
Truth: creamy garlic roasted red pepper sauce belongs on EV-ER-EE-THING.
Including but not limited to: traditional pasta, whole wheat pasta, gluten free pasta, or, if you’re embracing this as a SUPER NUTRITIOUS kind of dinner situation -> zucchini pasta!
I’m on a kick, can you tell?
It’s almost not worth talking about how creamy-amazing this combo is going to be, because with the velvety almond cashew milk and roasted red peppers and roasted garlic as the base, I mean, it’s essentially foolproof.
Even though we’ve already reached a solid YUM status just by making this recipe as-is, I’d like to encourage you embrace the most fun and most delicious phase that I call MAKE IT YOUR OWN.
Here are the steps for MAKE IT YOUR OWN.
- STEP ONE: Look in your refrigerator. Open your pantry (er, basement? small house problems – continue). Do you see something delicious such as – I’ll just throw a few ideas out there – goat cheese? kale (which could be sautéed in some butter + salt obvi)? bacon? spiced nuts? basil? ricotta cheese? or if we want to get way out there, maybe some kind of slow roasted meat? I don’t know, I’m just saying.
- STEP TWO: Select a winning ingredient. Stir it into or add it on top of your pasta.
- STEP THREE: Bask in the glow of your creative culinary skillz as you devour the masterpiece in your most comfortable comfies, with candles burning, maybe even parked in front of your current Netflix obsession, because it’s probably (definitely) been a long day and you probably (definitely) deserve that kinda treat-yoself moment.
That’s where the magic really happens.
Are you feeling pretty good how about how this garlic roasted red pepper pasta situation is going down?
ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA Things To Know:
- This recipe is VEGAN! If you add goat cheese, which I’m not going to discourage you from doing, it would not be vegan anymore. But as written, it’s vegan and very tasty.
- We are making the sauce creamy (but still vegan) by using almond milk. I highly recommend Almond Breeze Almondmilk Cashewmilk blend – yes, that’s a real thing – because it has a more creamy texture than most almond milks I’ve tried. Winning.
- I like to add a little almond butter and/or tahini to the sauce to thicken it up. You’ll probably like dat too.
- I’m using the Inspiralizer right now for my zucchini noodles. It’s bomb.
- Spiralized veggies are amazing when made fresh // not super amazing as leftovers. Store the sauce/noodles separately, or only spiralize the zucchini that you will use for that meal and just save your sauce separately.
- There are tons of other things you can do with a spiralizer! It’s way too fun. Watch our little vid right over here.
Creamy Garlic Roasted Red Pepper Pasta! with garlic, almond milk, roasted red peppers, and traditional or zucchini pasta.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
For the Zucchini Noodles:
- ROAST THE PEPPERS: Place the bell peppers on a foil lined baking sheet. Turn on the broiler and roast the peppers on the top level, close to the heating element. When black spots appear, turn the peppers and continue to roast until all sides have been blackened. Let cool and pull off blackened skins and remove ribs, seeds, and stem.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: Add the 3 roasted bell peppers to a blender with the rest of the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- ZUCCHINI NOODLES: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and onion – sauté for a minute or two until the onion is softened but not browned. Add the zucchini noodles to the skillet. Sauté using a pair of non-stick tongs to toss the noodles. Just as the zucchini noodles begin to soften, but before they start shedding water, sprinkle with salt and add the sauce and cook just until the sauce is heated. When in doubt, my leaning is to undercook these!
- SERVE: Adjust the salt to your taste, and serve immediately with any toppings you might like, such as: parsley, Parmesan, goat cheese, truffle oil, that sort of thing.
Just use regular spaghetti or pasta if you’re a traditionalist! 🙂
And you might find that you don’t need all the sauce depending on what kind of noodles you use. NBD. I don’t know about you, but I’ve never had a problem finding ways to use homemade creamy garlic roasted red pepper sauce before.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: red pepper pasta, zucchini pasta, vegan pasta
Shout out to Almond Breeze for partnering with us to make this plant-based creamy sauce a reality.
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of best healthy gluten-free recipes. Check it out!