Lookout world. PUMPKIN MUFFINS on the loose!
You know the times when you want to bake something cozy and yummy at 10am on a Saturday morning (or let’s be real – 2pm on a Tuesday while you are “working from home”) but you don’t want to basically eat cake for breakfast/lunch/second lunch? This is the story of my baking life.
Which is why I’m so happy to share with you MY FAVORITE PUMPKIN MUFFIN recipe. Here’s what makes it my favorite:
- TASTES AMAZING.
- Oats instead of flour. No gluten, no prob.
- Real maple syrup instead of straight sugar. No post-pumpkin-muffin-crash.
- Chocolate chips for a treat (mmk yes) and flaky sea salt on top for the salt hogs (hiii).
- Short ingredient list of real foods. Greek yogurt, pumpkin, cinnamon. Things of that nature.
- AND STILL TASTES AMAZING. Even thought it’s mostly clean and wholesome.
These favorite pumpkiny muffins are adapted from this recipe, which we make for all our workshops and they are always, always a hit. A reader actually emailed, or maybe commented, a while back and said: hey Lindsay. you should make those muffins but use pumpkin instead. and I said YES FRIEND. Yes I will. Thank you to that commenter who suggested such a thing.
Pumpkin Muffins Up Close and Personal
*turns camera on*
These Pumpkin Muffins! Made with oats instead of flour and real maple syrup instead of refined sugar. And everyone loves them, including meeee!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the oats for about ten seconds to get them mostly smooth.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients with the oats and pulse until mixed (some pieces of oats may remain). Stir in chocolate chips if you want them.
- Transfer to a greased muffin tin. Bake for 15-ish minutes. They’re best warm, but good the next day, too. Mmmm, yummy!
If you’re gluten free, you can use gluten free oats.
Bake the batter right away! If you wait a long time between mixing up the batter and baking, the oats will absorb a lot of moisture and the muffin texture will get gummy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy pumpkin muffins, pumpkin muffin recipe, gluten free pumpkin muffins
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of best healthy snacks. Check it out!