Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu! BBQ-spice-crusted baked tofu that’s made in a snap. Serve it in bowls, add it to salads, or eat it straight off the pan!
This is tofu like you’ve never seen it before.
Like, tofu with a spice crust. (YES! THANK YOU!) Tofu that feels worthy of building a meal around. Tofu that you can eat off the pan as a snack.
This is sheet pan BBQ Tofu, and it is an end-of-summer, healthy eating lifesaver.
BBQ Tofu is awesome because:
- It’s stupidly easy.
- It’s hands-off (SHEET PAN FTW).
- It’s a good source of protein.
- It’s vegan!
- It’s goes with… kind of everything.
- It keeps in the fridge.
- IT. IS. SO. GOOD.
BBQ spice crust coming atcha:
I just really love tofu, you guys (Exhibit A).
The extra-nice thing about this BBQ Tofu (besides the spice crust) is that you can serve it with any end-of-summer thing that your little heart loves.
Ideas include: roasted sweet potatoes, zucchini, sweet corn, green beans, avocado, quinoa, rice, coleslaw, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, AN-Y-THING.
My favorite combo is sweet potato, quinoa, green beans, and corn.
Shall we investigate the spice crust one more time?
Okay, and sauce. It’s important. I like a squeeze of honey and hot sauce for a low maintenance version, and green tahini for a fancy girl version. Magic green sauce would be very acceptable as well, and this beautifully easy honey mustard kind of sounds like the best of all worlds.
Check Out Our Video For How To Make BBQ Tofu:
Sheet Pan BBQ Tofu! BBQ-spice-crusted baked tofu that’s made in a snap. Serve it in bowls, add it to salads, or eat it straight off the pan! YUM.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Press the liquid out of the tofu – you can use a tofu press, or wrap it with a towel and place a heavy pan on top of it for 10-15 minutes. Cut into cubes.
- Mix the cornstarch, brown sugar, spices, and salt together. Toss cubed tofu *gently* with the spices to coat, being careful not to break the tofu. Transfer to a baking sheet and drizzle with just a tiny bit of olive oil so it doesn’t stick. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the exterior is lightly golden and dry-ish to the touch.
- While the tofu is baking, prep your extras for the bowls (see notes for ideas). Arrange beautifully in a bowl, snap a pic for the ‘gram, and devour!
This makes for awesome meal prep. The tofu will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days. I like to saute it in a pan to get it crispy again, but sometimes you just can’t quite make that happen, and I promise microwaving the whole thing will also be delicious.
Ideas for bowl assembly: quinoa, rice, roasted sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, spicy coleslaw (I just toss a bag of preshredded cabbage coleslaw mix with a little bit of mayo, salt, and Sriracha. Vegan mayo works, too!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bbq tofu, vegan dinner, bbq tofu bowl, easy dinner recipe, vegan meal prep
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our collection of easy and delicious sheet pan dinners. Check it out!